Assyria will Hear the Gospel
23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian will come into Egypt and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians will serve with the Assyrians.
24 In that day Israel will be one of three with Egypt and Assyria -- a blessing in the midst of the land,
25 whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, "Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance."
• When the Messiah appeared to the Hebrew people, He would also bring salvation to Egypt and Assyria and the three shall be united as one people and they shall all worship the same God.
• This prophecy refers to the spread of the true religion, and the worship of the true God.
• According to history these three areas were among the first to accept Christianity.
41 The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.
• This is another interesting verse where Jesus Himself uses the example of the Ninevites who heard the word of Jonah, and at the time repented of their wicked ways.
• They will rise up in the judgment and condemn the generation that murdered the Messiah.